We all know by now that omega 3 & 6 oils are good for us and that we should be including them in our diet. But what exactly are the benefits?
- They increase metabolic rate and energy levels, which means that we burn more calories.
- Help to regulate hormonal imbalances.
- Essential fats help our bodies remove excess water held in tissues, often the cause of extra weight in some overweight people.
- They help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Improve memory and learning ability.
- Essential fats elevate mood and lift depression.
- Can lower blood pressure.
- Help with skin conditions, eczema and psoriasis.
- Reduce joint inflammation.
- Helps the liver and kidneys to detox.
- Is a natural moisturiser for skin and hair.
Omega 3 & 6 can be found in flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, mackerel, herring, tuna, sardines, salmon, evening primrose oil, starflower oil, hemp oil and fish oil supplements.
As you can see these fats really are good for us! If you have a medical condition or take medication, please check with your GP before using an omega supplement.