We have heard so many times that drinking more water is good for us. But do you know why?
- The body does not work properly if it does not receive enough clean water.
- Two thirds of the body is water – therefore it is the most important nutrient.
- The body loses 1.5 litres of water a day through the skin, lungs, gut and as urine – taking toxic substances out of the body.
- Muscles are 75% water – a loss of only 3% causes a 10% reduction in strength and an 8% loss of speed.
- When the body is dehydrated it produces more cholesterol.
- Dehydration can slow down your metabolism, leading to weight gain.
- Lack of water is the no.1 cause of daytime fatigue.
- Alcohol, tea and coffee cause the body to lose water, so are not recommended as sources of fluid intake. Fruit and vegetables are 90% water so are good sources of fluid.
- Water cleans the kidneys – removing toxins that have been filtered from the blood.
6-8 GLASSES OF CLEAN WATER IS REQUIRED BY THE BODY TO FUNCTION EFFICIENTLY EACH DAY.
Most people will notice an improvement in their health when they begin to have enough clean water each day!