29 Dec 11 ways to re-discover your Goddess. (No meditation required!)
We all have the Goddess energy inside but she sometimes gets lost amongst modern day living and ideals. The energy is strong, confident and centered….. so men should read on too!
1. Be brutally honest with yourself. Identify what is good for you and what is not. This could be a habit, a diet choice, relationship, location or work situation.
2. Dress up for a walk. Something as simple as a brightly coloured scarf can make you feel like a different person. Wear big, funky ear-rings or bright lipstick and take yourself out to a local cafe and just watch the world go by. Treat yourself to a hot brew because you are worth it and you look great!
3. Put on your favourite underwear and do a few sensual yoga moves. No need to save your best knicks for a ‘special’ occasion. You ARE special.
4. Learn to recognise excuses. If someone is meant to be in your life, they will not try to get out of plans or commitments. Remember that you deserve the best.
5. Cook yourself a special meal. We all have cookery books on the shelf that we never look at.Here is a chance to enjoy the foods that remind you of being on holiday. Spoil yourself with the foods that you feel you ‘shouldn’t’ have once in a while.
6. Start dancing. There are so many classes in and around Essex. Whether you fancy Salsa, Ceroc or Jive, there is always something to do. Dancing is great for fitness and your social life. You don’t need a partner to join in either. Makes you feel so good when you lose yourself in the music.
7. Date yourself. Going to the cinema or theatre yourself can seem daunting but it is actually really empowering. Even if you sit and bawl at the soppy bits in a Rom Com, remember that it’s pretty dark so no-one will notice. Before you know it, you will find yourself booking trips away too.
8. Start a Bucket List diary. I was bought a little notebook for Christmas especially for this purpose. It encourages you to jot down the things that you would like to do when they come to mind. It could be something as small as visiting a local castle or something huge like a far off country. A written entry in the book puts energy into the intention which increases the likelihood of the event taking place.
9. Accept your emotions. Real women (and sensitive men) have a whole host of different emotions. We can try to understand them but the main thing to remember is that it is not wrong to experience any of them. Try to accept your feelings and make sure you ask for space if you need a while to sort through them. If you find this a real struggle, consider getting some help from a Healer or Flower Essence practitioner.
10. Let go… Get used to letting go of anything that does not serve you. Everything changes and sometimes holding on to the old stuff can hurt us and hold us back from living a full life. As hard as it is to let go of people and things, it really does make you stronger and allows ‘space’ for the new to enter.
11. Have compassion. Showing love and compassion for yourself and the people around you is one of the most empowering things you can do. Start now! <3